Sunday, November 8, 2009

I realized why I like Rome. Their favorite color is purple.

Today has been a day of ups and downs. The weather has been rainy, my mood has been down. On the upside, Amanda came into town today. We had a fun day “rome”ing around Rome (bahaha I made a funny), and she treated me to a wonderful lunch at a charming restaurant down a back alley that we stumbled upon. And...I had a nutella crepe. Heaven. on. Earth. This needs no further description.


The food in Italy is incomparable to anywhere I’ve ever been. Tonight I had a veal and mushroom dish topped with eggplant and goat cheese. Wowzers. I would get so fat if I had to eat the food they eat every day. On top of that, it is often expected to consume a 4 course meal every day. And by course, I mean meal in itself. For instance, one meal I had gnocchi as my first course, roasted beef in white wine for my second course, salad for my third course, and a fruit bowl for my last course. How do these people do this every day!?


I’ve decided tomorrow I will go off on my own to Naples. It is only a 2 hour train ride, and I have quite frankly seen enough of Rome in the past 4 days. Tuesday I will be in Florence, and Wednesday, I will be home. Back with my friends.


A new world lies across the ocean...

No comments:

Post a Comment