Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ciao

So, I’ve decided on a mandatory return to Italy very soon. There is so much more of this country I want to see. I would love to stay in Florence for more than 6 hours, and see the northern cities of Milan and Venice. My day in Florence was absolutely amazing. I climbed the 463 steps to the top of the duomo, the tallest building in the city, which happens to be the most ornate church I have ever been in. I bought some Italian leather and silk in the city market, and I had a fantastic salmon pasta for lunch. Oh, and the statue of David is quite impressive too.


My journeys in Italy have come to an end. Bittersweet. This country is absolutely amazing, and I would love to bring that special someone back here someday to share it with. Italy is such a country for lovers. Screw Virginia. On the other hand, I cannot wait to be home tomorrow night with my friends who I have missed dearly.


A good night’s sleep and 14 hours of flying are all that stand between me and being back in North Carolina.

1 comment: