Saturday, November 7, 2009

Homesick

Today I have really started missing everyone back in the US. My close friends have become the most important part of my life in the past few months, and to be away is surprisingly hard. You guys are the thing that keep me going every day. I love you guys more than I can say, and for that reason I cannot wait to be back in the US next week.


I am by no means complaining that I am in Italy though. Today was beautiful, perfect weather. I walked around the Vatican for hours this morning, and after miles of walking, I found myself sitting in the Sistine Chapel, neck crooked for close to an hour just admiring the impeccable work of Michelangelo. These are the moments I live for.


My other goal in my independent exploration of Rome today was to get completely lost on purpose. I wondered aimlessly down narrow streets, stumbling upon the occasional open-air market amidst overpriced clothing stores. I had the best gelato I have ever had, probably because I got a buzz off of the extreme amount of rum in the tiramisu flavored

treat.


This evening my family went to bed rather early, so yet again I went on an exploration of Rome. I so badly want to go out to the bars, but either they turn out to be creepy leather bars or bars with hidden darkrooms (and we all know what they use those for...).


Why is it that everyone in this city (aside from the occasional redneck American tourists) is so pretty and they all dress like they are in Vogue? I think Americans need to learn this concept, that every moment in public is an opportunity for fashion. But, yet again, I need that kind of fashion nonsense in my life to keep me entertained.


Tomorrow, I am hanging out with Amanda Bitler! Yay for friends that study abroad. 3 more days in this country, then making the trek back home where each of you should expect the biggest embrace ever. I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment