Monday, November 9, 2009

Can we have Italian MTV in the United States?

So I was supposed to go to Naples for the day today, but TrenItalia decided to screw me out of a ticket this morning when their trains broke down. So instead, I wondered around Rome, yet again, even though it’s Monday, and all the museums act like Chickfila on a Sunday. I did get to watch the Italian dignitaries on the Spanish steps deliver a memorial speech in memory of the 20th anniversary of the Berlin wall coming down.


I also discovered that the bakery across the street makes kickass tiramisu...which I have had 2 pieces of today. On the other end of the culinary spectrum, I had the nastiest meal so far in my trip. If only I knew the Italian word for tuna, I would not have settled for a pizza with cold, canned tuna, spicy mozzerella, and spinach. Let’s hope my last day in this country tomorrow is filled with better culinary choices than that.


The highlight of my day? Watching 2 hours of Italian MTV. And when I say Italian MTV, I mean American MTV dubbed in Italian. Cheesy, over-acted Italian. Paris Hilton had the voice of an energetic Donatella Versace, and all of Daddy’s Girls were obviously not black. I will miss watching this before my mid-afternoon naps.


Tomorrow, I am going to Florence with the family, then finally going home to be with my family of friends in Raleigh on Wednesday. Encouragement is still greatly appreciated to keep my spirits up through the next few days.


1 week from now, I’ll be in New York apartment hunting. YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment